1.1 Privacy and Security
Heather Holden Photography (HHP) is committed to protecting your privacy and security. This policy explains how and why we use your personal data, to ensure you remain informed and in control of your information.
You can decide not to receive communications or change how we contact you at any time. If you wish to do so please contact us by emailing or calling us on 07795 127013.
We never share your personal information with third parties.
1.2 Contacting us
We are always very open about what information we hold and how we gather it and how we use it. If you have any questions, concerns or queries regarding information about your personal information, or would like to discuss this policy, please do contact us.
1.3 The Data Controller & Data Processor
Heather Holden is the controller of all information obtained that identifies you and is sole Data Processor of this information.
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT·
2.1 Personal data you provide
We collect data that you provide for us. This includes information you give when enquiring about our services, communicating with us, benefiting from services, or receiving offers. For example:
- personal details (name, email address, telephone number etc.) when you initially contact HHP.
- general communication notes
2.2 Information collected prior to a photo session
Once you have confirmed that you wish to proceed with a photo session with Heather Holden Photography, you will be asked to complete a Customer Details Form – either via secure e-mail link, or an e-mailed Word form. The following information will be required to enable HHP to progress your photo session:
- Parents Names, e-mail address, phone number, postal address, children’s names and ages, how you heard about HHP.
This form will also allow you to confirm how you wish HHP to communicate with you in the future.
Heather Holden Photography will hold the photographic files from your photo session for a period of up to, but no longer than 5 years after which the files will be securely deleted.
HHP may post updates including images form your session on their Social Media pages such as FB/Twitter, but will always ask your consent prior to doing so.
If an image is used that you no longer wish to be used, or if you feel that an image has been taken from HHP and used in other places without permission, please contact as soon as possible to have the picture removed.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We only ever use your personal data with your consent, or where it is necessary in order to:
- enter into, or perform, a contract with you;
- supply you with agreed information;
- make you aware of offers available to you;
In any event, we’ll only use your information for the purpose or purposes it was collected for.
We use personal data to communicate with people, to promote HHP and make you aware of offers which may be of interest to you (e.g. such as reduced photo session vouchers/ special Christmas offers etc.)
HHP may use images on their website and within their marketing material for promotional purposes and to show prospective customers the style of photography on offer. If HHP wishes to use one of your images for this purpose and this results in the photograph remaining on their files for longer than 5 years, you will be sent an image consent form to complete which confirms if you are happy to do this, or would prefer an image not to be used. Privacy of individuals is important to us, and we will honour any requests not to use images.
4. CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE
Information for parents/guardians/carers
We take great care to protect and respect the rights of individuals in relation to their personal data, especially in the case of children. If your child is under 18, we’ll only use his or her personal data (including photographs of your child) with your consent.
On occasions where HHP is asked to photograph children on behalf of another company e.g. for promotional/marketing material. HHP will always ensure the company has procedures in place for obtaining consent to take the pictures in the first place, and then for the pictures to be used in their company marketing material/websites/social media etc. The company may contact parents prior to the photo session to obtain consent, or with bigger groups, may supply a notice which confirms photographs are being taken and gives you the option to make them aware if you do not want your children included in the photos.
Heather Holden’s last DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check was performed on 10th January 2018.
5. KEEPING YOU IN CONTROL
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- the right to confirmation as to whether or not we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold (this is known as subject access request);
- the right to have your data erased (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason);
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified;
- the right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling; and
- where technically feasible, you have the right to personal data you have provided to us which we process automatically on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract. This information will be provided in a common electronic format.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, although we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so.